1) Application in for apartment at 200 North End Ave in BPC (Manhattan). Our broker calls it Tribeca West… lol.
2) Nora has a seat held at PS 89 in BPC, we need to get back here in late August to complete the registration for her in person.
3) I’m going out to visit preschool/childcare locations in BPC this afternoon, after I grab a sandwich from the market across the street. I’m really digging the NYLO hotel in the UWS. Current front-runner is Bright Horizons for Eli. They might offer B&A school care for Nora as well and they are located tight to our new apartment. Hopefully it works out. I’ve contacted 2 other preschools with openings as well, though their hours of operation aren’t full day.
Current list of all Preschools in BPC area. I’m going to be on the phone a lot over the next few days.
View from the park behind our apartment complex. It’s a little different than Calgary. #nomountains
They sure use a lot of acronyms.
I’m heading back tomorrow. Order(s) of business:
1) Wednesday: Find an apartment and sign a lease in the UWS, specifically somewhere in here: *452 or 87 Catchments*
2) Thursday: Make sure Nora is enrolled at either PS 452 or PS 87 William Sherman for kindergarten in September
3) Friday: Find Eli a kickass preschool and enroll him
We’re moving to NYC.
In September- ish.
With our amazing company, CM.
We’re excited and terrified.
We thought that we had a place lined up and that well and fell through.
So we’re focused on quickly finding a place that is in a neighbourhood where our adorable and awesome little dudes can attend kindergarten and preschool along with rad mini New Yorker dudes.
And where, in between working and riding the subway, we can all enjoy museums, taste foods that they’ll spit out, and go to festivals that we’ll all respond to differently.
Here we go…